THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHEN I FINALLY…

 22 years ago, in a rural primary school a young girl fell in love with this famous young boy in her school.  This boy was popular because he was the only one wearing a yellow necktie at school as he was the head prefect.  One day, this girl managed to get the boy’s telephone number.  After school, with only 20 cents with her, she rushed to the public phone and dialed the number.  TUT TUT TUT…her heart was unsettled waiting for the phone to be picked up at the other side.  “Hello” It was the boy’s voice. “Err...hello…can you tell me teacher’s Dora phone number?” This question suddenly pops out somewhere out of the blue.  “Hah? Who is this” asked the boy.  And that was the end of the conversation as the girl hung up the phone.  The girl remains the boy’s secret admirer until the last day of their primary school day together.

In secondary school, both of them were at the same school again.  During the first day in secondary school, this girl with her two best friends were walking heading to the new school and this girl noticed that this boy was walking alone 500 meters behind them.  “mmm…let him walk alone, I don’t want to admire him anymore.  He is too arrogant” murmured the girl, but she never know that it was actually the final day of the boy to be in that area as the next day he will be transferred to another school following his family.  That was the last time she met the boy.  She never had the chance to tell the boy her feeling toward him.  The secret remains neatly folded until they meet again back in 1998. 

Well, a year before they meet again somewhere in 1997, this girl found out that one of her classmates once was the boy’s ex-classmates.  So, this girl took this opportunity by asking her classmates about the boy’s new address.  That was the second phase of their relationship.  They wrote to each other for a year and decided to meet before the last term of secondary school ended.  The dated took place in Centre Point, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.  Still, no special words were uttered during the dating.  They were just an ordinary old friends met together and chatted.  After meeting this boy after a very long period of time, the special feeling inside this girl toward the boy had slowly faded.  Since that day, they lost contact.  No phone numbers were exchanged, no more letters being mailed to each other.

Dear readers, I am sure you’re guessing it right.  Yes, that young lady is me.  Down memories lane, I must say that how wonderful life is and after all, I learned and admitted that this quotes are really true; To love is nothing, to be loved is something but to love and to be loved by someone you love is everything.  

In 2007, I still remember vividly.  I had to go to Labuan for a trip and I was quite reluctant to go because I was replacing my friend who was unable to make it.  The trip was exciting.  We were actually escorting our student to SESB Patau-Patau, Labuan for a study tour.  We spent about 3 days in Labuan.  On the last day, we were sitting in the lobby, reading a newspaper while waiting for a check out, I heard this voice and it was quite familiar.  I looked around to find where the voice was coming from.  Then, as I expected, came the man approached me,  “If I’m not mistaken, you are Daily right?”.  “Err…yes..and you are Clarence? Am I right?”  My turn guessing his name.  Of course, I was quite unsure because we haven’t met for 9 years.  “Oh…what a coincidence!  What are you doing here?” He asked happily.  “We are escorting our student here.  And you? What r you doing here?” “Mmm…I was forced by my friend to accompany him here.  Well, we just want to have fun.  Oh ya, can I have your phone number?”  Without delaying the time, he asked for my phone number and I willingly gave him.  During the journey from Labuan to Monumbuk by ferry, he sat next to me and we had a chat until the ferry arrived to Monumbuk.

After we met that day, he kept on messaging me.  I don’t really feel excited to reply his messages.  If he messages me 3 times, I will only reply once.  I still remember, one of my friends, Grace told me.  “Don’t close your heart; give a chance for those who tried to get closed to you.”  In the meantime, I kept on praying to God.  I prayed, “God if he is the one then please humble my heart to accept him”.   And God replied my prayer.  Within a couple of days, I began to miss his message.  I was the one who messaged him first and we declared through phone.  I was happy and he was extremely happy too.  This was how his response when I said I had that feeling on him.  “Yahoo..ya be da be du.  I’m the happiest man in the world.  I’ll be smiling all day long”.  Our relationship ran smoothly.  We got engaged at the end 2007, and got married in 2009, on Valentines’ day.  And to my surprise, he was actually my secret admirer too while we were in our primary school.  He told me, during the very last day he was in Keningau, the day I saw him walked alone behind us, he was actually holding a letter, hoping to give to me before they transferred but he didn’t have the courage to give it to me.  Oh…Unbelievable...what a coincidence!  There was a Malay famous saying, I was not actually clapping with one hand during that time. 


Dear readers, those were the days when I finally found my Mr. Right.  God had prepared our destiny.  If she or he is meant to be with you, it doesn’t matter how far you’re separated with your Mr.Right, someday, somehow, you shall be unified together by God.  Just believe in Him.  And to me the greatest gifts that God had given to us are our two cute sons, deo and cj.  I am truly blessed to have these wonderful gifts; three loveable persons in my life.  I will love them until the very last breath of my life.  They are the reasons for me to keep on living and always wanted to be better than I was before.  Thank you Lord.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment..(",)

About Me

My photo
www.friendster.com/itzme

It'S a J0uRneY Of liFe;

I JuSt lOvE to wRitE because by writing I can improve my writing skill. If you have any comment especially about the grammartical error and the structure of the sentence, do not hesitate to drop me a message so that I can improve it. Apart from that, the purpose of this blog is to share, to motivate, to inspire, to laugh, to comment, to learn, to give and take......(^__~')