Area Level Humorous Speech and Evaluation Speech Competition

Hi..


I have half an hour to update this blog. Really couldn’t help it as many pending works are waiting. However, I manage to squeeze my time for a few minutes just to share with you the latest and important event we had recently.


Last Friday, as I mentioned in my post previously, the outstanding and auspicious Toastmasters event was held here in ULPL. To our surprised, there were many Toastmasters members from the different clubs attended the event even though they have to pay RM18 for the ticket. Sadly, only a few members from Politeknik Kota Kinabalu Toastmasters Club came to witness the event. However, thank you very much to our Deputy Director of Academic, Hajah Norehan for spending her precious time to be with us during the night.

What can I say? It was really fantastic! All the contestant show their best talent in delivering their speech as well as giving a constructive evaluation. Here, everything we learnt in Toastmasters Club will be applied and tested. We couldn’t stop laughing as the stories they shared were really tickled our funny bones.


As I joined this humorous competition in Area Level for the third time, it was definitely deepen my experience in public speaking. I could realize that it was a great and memorable moment. I became more steady in giving my speech as well as I can convey the message with the aids of props, body and hand gestures and of course by using vocal variety. I have done my best during the competition and I still can’t believe that I could win the FIRST RUNNER UP position. Oh my God…It was the third time I joined the competition and it was also the third time I won the same position. Thank you God…Madam Chow also won the FIRST RUNNER UP for Evaluation Speech Contest. Congratulations to her and myself as well…hehe..


My hope, may our Deputy Director open up her mind to give PKKTMC a steady place in this organization so that we could have enough members to run the training meeting every two weeks. She never attended any of Toastmaster training meeting before and we really hope by witnessing the event, she could most probably support all of our activities and encourage the lecturers to join the meeting. I wondered and confused…most of the lecturers admitted that they are really weak in this language, however they don’t want to make any single effort to improve it even though the platform is already there. It took me five years to overcome my fear in speaking in public but that it not the important thing at all. What I want to share here is, I will proudly say to anyone who wanted to ask me this question? “What is your big achievement in PKKTMC?” My answer will be, “I can conduct the lectures in my class 100% in English now after five years joining toastmaster which was impossible to me once."


Well, it’s up to them. It’s up to the management. We will continue to carry on our journey in Toastmasters and keep on enriching ourselves with the knowledges. The future is in our hands.


Oh ya, attached here are two photos taken during the event. Adios…



Areas K1 and K4 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests, Politeknik KK, 7 Oct 2011...Humorous Speech - Area K1, Champion Mohd Kamal Surin (KKTMC), 1st Runner-up Daily Tayok (PKKTMC); Area K4, Champion Ophelia Domingo (SWEPA), 1st Runner-up Kasey Chan (KK Adv). — with Jason William Vitales, Rosie Sj Moo, Kasey Chan, Ophelia Domingo, Grace Chiu, Terry Ks, Daily Sharon Tayok and Nora Ridzwan.



Two many cameras...Every body is looking at their particular camera..:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment..(",)

About Me

My photo
www.friendster.com/itzme

It'S a J0uRneY Of liFe;

I JuSt lOvE to wRitE because by writing I can improve my writing skill. If you have any comment especially about the grammartical error and the structure of the sentence, do not hesitate to drop me a message so that I can improve it. Apart from that, the purpose of this blog is to share, to motivate, to inspire, to laugh, to comment, to learn, to give and take......(^__~')