Last night, for the very first time PKK Toastmaster Club held the Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest. All the committee members were participating including myself. It was a great event and I really enjoyed it. My speech title was “How to win ‘her’ heart?” Her here means my mother in law’s heart. I forced my husband to witness the contest with the reason that my topic was all about her mother. And because of that topic he agreed to come and support me.
There were 4 of us competing for the humorous speech. Mdm Chow shared with us what the difference between men and ladies while shopping. It was really true and originally based on her experience. Well done to her. For Adrian, it’s very funny when he started his speech with a song from Jimmy Palikat entitled Tanak Kampung. His speech title was “A modern rubber tapper village boy”. That was quite funny too. Last but least, the contestant was Hatimi Mudin from JKM. I really impressed with her progress. She manage to deliver her speech humorously even though that was her first attempt. Congratulations to all the participant.
For the evaluation contest, we also have 4 contestants. All of them did a very good and constructive evaluations. Well, the test speaker Chicha really impressed the audiences with her speech title “Who is in charge”. The speech was all about how to become a good leader and not a boss. I love how Chicha delivered her speech. Really funny and she really absorbed what Toastmaster thought her. She use her vocal variety to emphasize the messages.
Okay, here is the winner for the contest.
Humorous Speech Contest:
Champion: Ehemmmm….myself..(V____________V)
1st runner up: Mdm Chow from JPA
Evaluation Contest:
Champion: Mdm Chow from JPA
1st runner up: Alester G.Jakuil …
Hehe…Conratulations to the winners… Both of the champions will represent PKKTMC for the Area K level contest which will be held on the 7th of October 2011 at the same venue which is at Auditorium, ULPL, PKK.
Mmm…I hope I can do better. Need to exaggerate more and use some props to add the impact of my speech. Some of the feedback I got from the audiences, they said my story was really interesting and humor . I really appreciated their comments. Okay…see you then…adios..
0 comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comment..(",)